If you want to buy Montana car insurance coverage online, you will need to gather some information first. Here’s what you need to have in hand before you buy your new policy:
- Declaration page from your current policy. This is the first page, and it indicate the type and level of coverage you have in place.
- Driver’s license information for all members of your household. The insurance company will also need to know about any accidents or tickets that are on their driving record.
- Make and model of all cars in your household. The insurance company may ask for the Vehicle Identification (VIN) numbers as well.
- How long you have had car insurance in place and whether there have been any lapses in coverage.
- Current effective date of your current policy. Some companies will offer you a discount if you have been covered continuously for some time.
When you are looking at an online quote for Montana car insurance coverage, be sure that you are looking at the same type and level of protection that you currently have in place. If you only bought the minimum level of protection required by the state, make sure that the site you are looking at can provide you pricing for the same level of coverage.
You do have the option of buying a policy with a higher limit if you wish. Keep in mind that you will be paying higher premiums for a higher degree of protection.