The State Farm Auto Insurance Company has been in business for a number of years and is a well-respected provider of insurance coverage to customers in the United States and Canada. Along with auto insurance protection, the company also offers homeowners and life insurance coverage.
Auto Insurance Coverage from State Farm
State Farm offers the following types of coverage to its car insurance customers:
- Bodily injury liability coverage to pay for injuries and damages claimed by the occupants of the other vehicle in an accident. It also pays out a funeral benefit in case of a fatal accident.
- Property damage liability insurance to pay for repairs to the other driver’s vehicle in an accident. This type of protection also pays for repairs to public property damaged or destroyed in a collision.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage, which is required in no-fault car insurance states. It pays for personal injury claims made by the policyholder, as well as ones made by family members and passengers traveling in his or her vehicle.
- Collision coverage pays for physical damage to the policyholder’s vehicle. If the car is totaled in the accident, it pays out a benefit based on the vehicle’s cash value.
- Comprehensive coverage also covers physical damage to a vehicle, but it pays out when the cause of the damage is due to something other than striking another vehicle or an object. This part of the policy pays for damages caused by flooding, hail, wind, fire and vandalism. It also pays when the car is stolen and not recovered.