If you are in the market for a new car, it’s a good idea to take this opportunity to start shopping for car insurance as well. The cost of coverage is something you will need to factor in when you are adding up the total costs of owing a new vehicle.
Once you have your choices narrowed down to a few possibilities, it’s worth your while to ask for quotes from your current insurance provider and other insurance companies as well. When you contact the insurance company for pricing information, be prepared to answer questions similar to the following:
- Your name and address
- How long have you have been living in your current home?
- Make and model of the vehicle to be insured
- What is the car’s approximate value?
- What is your current employment status?
- How many claims you have made within the past three years?
- How many accidents you have been involved in within the past three years?
- Number of years of driving experience
- Have you have ever been convicted of car insurance fraud?
- Will you be using the car for personal or business purposes, or a combination of the two?
By answering these questions honestly and directly, you can find the best rate for your Quebec auto insurance coverage without spending more than you have to.