The state of New Mexico adopts the Tort system to determine auto insurance requirements and all road users must carry a sufficient level of mandatory coverage. The Tort system effectively makes New Mexico motorists accountable for their driving actions and allows them to assume financial responsibility through their auto insurance policy. This particular method differs greatly from the no-fault system where motorists claim on their own auto insurance policy irrespective of whether they were responsible for an accident or not.
The mandatory levels of auto insurance in New Mexico are laid out as follows:
- $20,000 worth of bodily injury liability per person
- $50,000 worth of bodily injury liability per accident
- $10,000 worth of property damage liability
At the present time, roads users in New Mexico are not required to purchase personal injury protection or uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
Obtaining effective auto insurance coverage can often be a disconcerting affair that is made even more complicated by the massive number of standalone carriers and price comparison websites. However, the dedicated online platform provided by Promiga Auto Insurance Quotes offers a number of distinct benefits that are rarely available elsewhere.
- All auto insurance quotes are provided by A-rated carriers
- Promiga only supply free auto insurance quotes and never charge a fee or commission
- All of our auto insurance quotes are provided without any obligation for our customers to actually make a purchase
- No personal information is required and all auto insurance quotes can be provided in an instant with nothing more than a New Mexico ZIP code