Research carried out by the Australian Bureau of Statistics indicate that young drivers are at least twice as likely to be involved in a potentially fatal road traffic accident than an equivalent motorist over the age of 25. The majority of these high-risk road users are males and this can make any auto insurance quotes they apply for incredibly expensive. However, there are a number of money-saving tips that young drivers should consider before purchasing an auto insurance policy.
- Drive safely and establish a solid driving history. This will result in cheaper auto insurance premiums every time you renew
- Compare prices from different carriers when you are shopping for auto insurance quotes. This will help you to find the best possible deal amongst an assortment of fluctuating offers
- Consider a policy purchase from a carrier that specializes in providing coverage for young drivers. Often, these auto insurance companies can offer reductions of up to 20%
- Save buying an expensive, high-performance model until you are older. A cheap, economical alternative with a low engine capacity is guaranteed to attract preferential auto insurance rates
- Take the time to enroll in, and complete, a safe driving course. This will improve your driving skills and present you as a less significant risk whenever you are applying for auto insurance quotes
- A change in your personal circumstances should be reported to your carrier at the earliest possible opportunity. Marriage and becoming a parent will help to reduce your auto insurance rates because auto insurance companies know that you are more likely to drive responsibly with a spouse or infant in the car