When asking for Alberta online auto insurance quotes, you should be prepared to provide the company with some information about yourself, your car and your driving record. To get an accurate quote, the company will want to know the following:
- Full name
- Street address and how long you have lived at that location
- Make and model year of your vehicle
- Approximate value of the car
- Current mileage
- Driver’s license class
- Occupation/current employment status
- Number of claims in the past 36 months
- Number of accidents you have been involved in during the past three years (including those where you were considered not at fault)
- Whether you have ever been convicted of a driving-related offense
- Convictions, if any, for automobile fraud
Another question you may be asked is whether your insurance policy has been cancelled or if you have been turned down for coverage by an insurer during the past three years.
The insurance company will also want to find out whether the vehicle is going to be used for commercial purposes. If you plan to use it to haul a trailer, the insurance company will want to know as well.
All of the answers to these questions are used to determine the level of risk that you present for insurance purposes, and help the insurance company to work up an appropriate online auto insurance quote.