Motorists should always be aware of the fact that not every on line auto insurance website is the same. The majority of Internet resources are standalone facilities that are provided by independent providers and premiums on these websites will usually reflect those offered when auto insurance quotes are applied for over the telephone from the same company.
The alternative to standalone Internet websites is the increasingly popular price comparison website but even these can be incredibly different to one another when a closer inspection takes place. Many price comparison websites sell everything from plane flights and holidays to household appliances and clothing items. Although this may often look like an excellent one-stop shop solution, the truth is often quite different.
The better price comparison websites often tend to be those that focus on selling just one individual product. For example, a website that sells on line auto insurance and nothing else will usually be specialists in their field. This means that you can purchase policies in complete confidence without having to worry about inferior products and inferior service. Even so, there are several aspects that a reputable on line auto insurance website should always provide:
- Sites should only offer free auto insurance quotes
- Access to an unlimited amount of on line auto insurance quotes should be a standard procedure
- No obligation should be placed on the consumer to make a purchase
- No personal details should be required to obtain on line auto insurance quotes. A ZIP code should normally suffice
- The site should never charge hidden fees or commissions