There are a large number of different factors that can affect auto insurance rates and, in turn, there are also a number of considerations that can be applied when it comes to cutting back on them. The following checklist can be applied by most US motorists and should serve to reduce auto insurance rates to an absolute minimum.
- If you are changing jobs or no longer spend time working away from home, it can help to contact your auto insurance company so that they can record these differences in your driving habits
- If you have a young driver named on your policy who goes to school and college more than 100 miles away without the use of a vehicle, an additional discount will be applied to most premiums
- If you are a young driver who has recently married, try combining policies with your spouse to qualify for cheap auto insurance rates
- Take a state-approved defensive driving course and enjoy cheap auto insurance quotes
- Increasing your deductible will earn you discounts on comprehensive and collision coverage
- If you are already purchasing home and contents insurance, ask your provider if they can bundle your auto insurance into a single package. This is an easy but effective method of securing cheap auto insurance rates
- Choose the right price comparison website when you are looking for online auto insurance quotes. A dedicated platform such as the one provided by Promiga will offer free auto insurance quotes without any obligation whatsoever to actually make a purchase