Competition is good for consumers of California auto insurance. The National Association of Insurance Commissioners reported that the cost of auto insurance has gone down every year from 2005-2009, due to increased competition from various providers. According to their research, the ratio of car insurance cost to family income dipped from 1.25 to 1.05 percent, which is an encouraging sign.
How To Get Low Cost Auto Insurance In California
- Find a company that lets you pay per mile.
- Opt for lower medical care coverage.
- Drive in a state that has cheaper auto repair costs and instances of insurance fraud.
- Have an impeccable driving record.
- Improve your credit score.
- Drive a type of car that is highly rated for safety and low-rated for theft.
- Drive fewer miles.
- Do not let your insurance lapse.
- Avoid getting ticketed or causing accidents.
Other Factors That Matter
California auto insurance companies also give people lower rates if they are females over the age of 25. Retirees in their fifties or sixties often see their rates drop slightly as well. Insurance providers are constantly trying to limit the risk in their investment pools by charging riskier drivers more money (or dropping them altogether) and by signing up more paying customers who won’t need their policies for claims at all. With auto body repair and medical costs skyrocketing, it’s incredible that the free market has blessed us with lower auto insurance prices.
Need a Quote on California Auto Insurance?
Peruse our site to get a quick, free quote on auto insurance in California.