Motorists in Iowa who wish to fully protect themselves against all eventualities relating to auto insurance may find that they need to purchase several different types of coverage. The state of Iowa has a number of mandatory levels of auto insurance in place and all road users in the Hawkeye State must carry these as a minimum requirement:
- $20,000 worth of bodily injury liability per person
- $40,000 worth of bodily injury liability per accident
- $15,000 worth of property damage liability
Further levels of coverage can be purchased as additional features to a basic policy although these will inevitably result in higher auto insurance rates. Motorists may wish to incorporate comprehensive insurance, collision coverage and personal injury protection into a standard car insurance plan. Unfortunately, higher levels of coverage will inevitably result in higher auto insurance quotes but knowing how to compare polices effectively in order to qualify for discounts can lead to massive savings in monthly outgoings.
Discounts can be applied for each or all of the following criteria:
- Combining auto insurance quotes for all vehicles in a household with just one carrier can lead to discounts of up to 10%
- Bundling all insurance requirements together can lead to further savings. If home insurance and health insurance are tied in with auto coverage, an overall saving of approximately 15% on car insurance quotes can be expected
- Maintaining a clean driving record is vital to securing cheap auto insurance quotes. By avoiding traffic violations and an excessive number of claims, most insurance carriers will view you as a responsible driver and apply discounts accordingly
- Motorists between 25 and 50 years of age are considered to be safer and this can also result in discounts. If a driver falls within this age group and is married with children, there is a great chance that auto insurance quotes will fall even further
- Vehicles that are fitted with the latest security and safety devices will benefit from cheaper auto insurance rates. Something as simple as an airbag or an immobilizer can be looked upon favorably by most insurance carriers and discounts will automatically be applied if these are declared at the time of a policy purchase
- Vehicle choice can have a marked effect on the cost of car insurance quotes. A safe, family-orientated car will attract cheaper auto insurance rates than a sporty model with a high performance engine
- Young drivers who maintain good grades at school and enroll in an advanced driving course will automatically qualify for auto insurance discounts
At Promiga Auto Insurance Quotes, we remain dedicated to bringing you a full range of competitively priced coverage options from a series of reputable carriers who all carry premium ratings. By providing a ZIP code, a number of different online car insurance quotes can be quickly obtained and consumers can compare policies on a side-by-side basis. Promiga only offer free auto insurance quotes and because we ask for no personal information, our consumers will not be troubled by unsolicited mail or telephone calls after making an enquiry.