Do you want to take advantage of your auto insurance claim and receive every last cent that you’re legally entitled to collect? The following examples are often neglected when auto insurance claims are being negotiated but can be instrumental in helping you receive the best settlement possible.
- There are many different ways in which road users can be compensated for loss of earnings. This is possible even if you have collected wages from your employer after an accident or have been paid for ‘sick leave’
- You are entitled to receive reimbursement for any medicines or prescriptions you have purchased as a result of a road traffic accident. This can include any ‘over-the-counter’ products as well as those prescribed by a medical professional
- Unless a case ends up in court, you do not have to be examined by a doctor representing a rival auto insurance company. Keep this in mind if you are happy to receive a suitable out-of-court settlement
- Check to see whether you are entitled to receive the gross amount of any lost wages. Many motorists settle for a net payment when they could be entitled to higher levels of compensation
- If you have had to hire domestic help to assist in household duties, you should be able to recover any outgoing payments made. This can include maids or any other type of domestic helper
Additional compensation can be claimed if you have had to cancel a holiday or vacation as a result of injuries sustained in a road traffic accident